If you’re on this site you’re probably thinking about a career as a Personal Stylist, it’s probably not the 1st time you’ve visited and it’s probably not the only site you’ve visited either. You’ve probably been thinking about it for a while and if the pandemic has taught any of us anything:
- It’s that life’s too short to not do a job you love.
- How quickly time flies – yes it really has been a full year since lockdown 1!
I always urge potential clients to pick up the phone and call me so we can discuss, firstly if a career as a Personal Stylist is suited to you, then if Style ME Training is the right Academy for you, and if so, what’s the right course for you.
I can tell you now, the 3 pre-requisites that I believe all good successful stylists have are:
- A love for clothes and fashion – (surely that goes without saying!)
- Being a people’s person – having empathy, enjoying bringing out the best in others.
- Being self-motivated – to build your business and stepping out of your comfort zone.
If you answered yes to those 3, then ask yourself:
- When you tell your loved ones that you’re thinking of becoming a Personal Stylist, do they respond well, thinking you should have done it years ago?
- Do your friends and family always ask you for styling advise?
- Do you always find yourself analysing what people are wearing, thinking of ways to improve that look?
If you answered yes to those 3, then ‘yes’ you most definitely should pursue your dream.
Follow these 3 simple steps:
- Get out of your head! Stop analysing and instead:
- Listen to your gut! If you get butterflies (the good kind) when you think of becoming a personal stylist it’s a sign to:
- Follow your heart and call me